View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 07:05 PM

I spent the weekend at the GoodGuys Del Mar Show and watched the Auto Cross. Sure gets you fired up to work on car projects. There was a real deal 1966 Shelby Cobra there that was the fastest time to beat. One owner car that is still tracked, now that's awesome. The car had seriously been reworked to be on top like that. Pretty much the entire suspension and geometry had been replaced. He give some hint of the work done in the pic attached below, and he is the older gentleman behind
So now with my update. I have parts in hand and fitting them all. I have 2007 C6 Z06 wheels, C7 spindle hubs front and rear, Wilwood 6 and 4 piston Radial mount calipers and 2015 Camaro SS 14" rotors. I had to machine the ID of the rotors to fit the C7 hubs. Next is to design the uprights in CAD to fit the hubs and calipers then machine them up from solid stock. I am waffeling on to use ball joints or Uni-ball. I am leaning towards the uni-ball with 5/8" id to fit heat treated 4130 hardware on the uprights. Similar to the Porsche 917 uprights attached below
I think the Scrub radius I have is around 3/8" in the latest Suspension Analyzer and will try to keep it there.
Attached Images