Thread: My New Digs
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:11 PM

Thanks fellas!

They poured my foundation today and stripped the garage footing forms. They pour my garage tomorrow. It will be flat until the last 3' of the daily driver side and last 5.5' of my shop. The shop side is deeper and the slope will line up. He told me the slope and I think it's 1/8" per foot. I'm just hoping to keep the rain out. You know, best of both worlds. I'm a pain in the ass! I was talking to the concrete super that works for my GC and told him I'm a bit of an anal bastard. He said, That's what I heard. I do it with grace so that makes it ok, right? I always tell my GC, I know what I want.

For instance, they had my water supply lines to my island laying in the dirt before the type 2 and sand. I said, let's sleeve those babies so I don't have to jack hammer up my kitchen in 15 years! Done It's a custom house and I'm putting my best foot forward. I love the details.

You should see a deeper area in my shop where the concrete will be 6" deep for my TWO POST lift. That's what real mechanics and MEN use. Ha Ha Ha Couldn't help myself.
Attached Images

Last edited by Vegas69; 01-25-2018 at 10:16 PM.