Thread: My New Digs
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Nice!!

I counted our can lights because we were looking to buy LED bulbs on sale around Christmas time...51 total. Thankfully, the builder upgraded us from CFLs to LEDs free of charge!!
Yep, mine are all LED as well. I counted them yesterday for fun. 93!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Thats going to be nice Todd!

What is done for heat mitigation there?

I see foil backed facing on the roof, and I assume the windows are filled with some sort of gas and multi paned, etc.

Probably similar to here for cold?

Thanks, Joe
Hey Joe, I'm using the radiant barrier sheathing and blown in insulation extra deep in the attic. I believe it will be close to R50. I'm using batt in the wall as it's 2x6 and I'll do some air sealing prior with foam and silicone. I opted for aluminum windows as I wanted the look, but they are argon filled. While vinyl/fiberglass are a little more efficient, they don't fit our style and you still have a HUGE hole in your wall that is commonly known as a window. These will be much better than a majority of windows out there. The really cut down on the heat vs. a standard dual pane. I may end up with some modern awnings on my exposed South windows. I haven't nailed down that strategy yet. It also has multi zone AC/HEAT and all the systems will be efficient. I'm hoping for a reasonably economical house. Time will tell.

Last edited by Vegas69; 04-21-2018 at 12:01 PM.