View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 02:00 PM

Still wore out from a fantastic motorsports filled weekend. Spent Friday and Saturday racing Barney at the Good Guys Fall Nationals and then spent Sunday wheeling our new Jeep up Crown King Road from Lake Pleasant to Crown King and back down.

Good Guys went fantastic. The changes made to the car to better prepare it for these kinds of courses worked great. The new rear suspension setup really helped plant the awesome power the new Holley EFI created which resulted in fast times comparable to or better than a lot of shop built, high horsepower, big tired cars on Friday. The newly sealed surface was challenging for sure but we made it work pretty well for us I thought. Then they used a vac truck to clean it up Saturday morning and man did the surface get better quick. Some drivers were running times 2-3 seconds faster Saturday morning than they did on Friday, I picked up about a second on Saturday...typically unheard of at any autocross event. We ended up 2 positions out of the 32 car field shootout after Saturday morning runs were done...then one car in the field could not continue, so Scot Spiewak made the field...leaving me out by just a few thousandths of a second. I'm okay with that as the field was stacked with purpose built cars and championship quality drivers, I was just happy to be in the running and able to head home early.

Here is my fastest run which was also my last run of the day on Saturday.

My friend Paul was in town from Iowa and took this video from the sidelines of the same run.

Had a great time seeing and hanging out with all of my racing friend from across the Country, love this event and the way it brings people to the wonderful fall weather here in Phoenix.

Speaking of wonderful fall weather, we took out Sunday morning in our other new vehicle to tackle some off road trails. The new to us Jeep did much better than even I expected and showed the 4 others with me a new form of recreation. I think they are all now fans of off roading and can't wait to do it again. The trail went from easy, to moderate, to difficult the higher we went and the Rubicon handled each obstacle with ease. Even had to go around a nice Can Am Side by Side so that we could pull him over a large rock he kept getting high centered on. Of course the Go Pro and cell phones were rolling the whole time. The views up the mountain were spectacular and the landscaped changed to 3 completely different ecosystems as we climbed. Hard to believe the views in these pics are from less than 30 miles from our house in a huge City like Phoenix. Love living here!!!

Here is a video I put together showing a bit of the trail and pulling the SXS out.

And a few of the pics from up above...

The Following User Says Thank You to SSLance For This Useful Post:
xplantdad (11-18-2019)