View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 10:45 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroAJ View Post
Ah perfect write up, thank you. I'm also not worried about the texture on the inside, the outside where visible is my concern, which is easy to take care of. I'll fore sure flip the car over to build the tubs if I can. I think the trick will be to get it mounted up with the front fenders mounted to the car.

I like the idea of using drywall joint compound, that will for sure speed sanding along. My goal is to build these out of carbon, so I'll just be able to lay it up and vacuum bag it.
I think if you build some type of extended flange on the mold, you could easily vacuum bag it. I almost talked myself into that. Honestly the glass ones are pretty frickin' light...not carbon light...but pretty light. That said, the carbon on the inside would look trick. Steve Lenning's look awesome!

Here is the rotisserie mounts that I built for the front. Auto Twirler does sell some but I couldn't tell if they would clear the lower valence and , as you know, that piece needs to be on to anchor the fender in place. I was a little nervous rolling it over given that I hadn't welded in the roll bars from the fire wall to the frame yet. I wanted too but having the inner's done first so I could get the bars down close to them seemed the better idea. The filler on the molds did stress crack a little when I settled the car on the rotisserie but none of the fender gaps changed at all, zero thousandths...according to the dial calipers. So, feel pretty good about nothing moved. That said, I would've felt a lot better if those bars were in place first, was a risk.
Attached Images

My Build Thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=53320

Last edited by Goosesdad; 10-26-2018 at 02:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goosesdad For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-28-2020)