View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Talking We all LOVE hotrodding things for better performance

There is nothing like a quick / fast / easy "bolt on" part that so far and dramatically surpasses your expectations that you are hard pressed to even believe it, right? While just a tad off topic, everybody here is, well, here because of a computer, right? Imagine finding a FANTASTIC "bolt in" mod that makes things just an absolute world apart - like a major nitrous hit that you just can't believe! You would certainly want to tell everyone you know about it!

Ok,ok... I'm talking about the new SSD (solid state drive) hard drives available for computers. I was very skeptical at first... I have been running super fast 10,000 RPM Raptor drives and thought I was happy (!) We all know what faster processors and memory upgrades can do, BUT you have just got to see for yourself what an incredible difference a SSD drive can make in your computing experience - UNREAL actually! As a computer builder / hobbyist / midnite IT type, I just had to try one of these new SSD drives.

It is really truly like going from a 283 to a 572 without any other mods - ASTOUNDING!

So for all of you that like "bolt in parts" that like a major hit for the cost and effort, I just cannot speak highly enough of the new SSD drives! Now that they have started coming down in price (still 3 times more expensive than a standard HDD), I am hooked and am replacing HDD's with SSD's on all of our machines.

If you have ever bolted a monster big block in place of a limp wristed POS powerplant, you just can't believe the difference in the first test drive - lighting the tires at a 30 roll when you could barely crank them over in a max effort brake torque before. The neat part here is that you don't have to do any other supporting mods like you would in a hot rod build (larger cooling system, beefier drivetrain...). One single mod that will astound you... Even on an older machine that technically shouldn't be able to ROCK, this still makes such a major difference that it just about brings you up to current tech PC user speeds! We have a recently purchased Gateway machine with all the latest bells and whistles - all the latest numbers and specs, Windows 8... (though still with a 6 gig per second conventional type hard drive) and the older machines that I have installed the SSD drives into SMOKE the new PC in actual user response times (which is why I am going on and on about this)(unbelievable).

Just my .02

Just do it - even the lowliest currently available SSD will still blow away even the most wicked latest HDD. Bang for the buck is SURREAL.

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com

Last edited by Hydratech®; 05-22-2013 at 07:48 PM.