View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Thank you Steve and Rick for the input, you guys relating your hands on experience helps make this decision a bit easier.

Are there locks on those jacks? Like can you lift the car up off the ramps and set it on locks inside the jack? Or will they just bleed back down like a bottle or floor jack if weight is left on them for a long time? They are hydraulic right, they tie into the hoist pump? To remove one you would have to take the hydraulic line loose correct?

Maybe having just one in place might be a better option. If I needed all 4 tires up I could just lift the front of the car, put jack stands under the lift points and ramps then move the jack to the rear to lift it up.

I'd really like to see one in operation first hand before making this decision. Thankfully I have until next January at the earliest to do so.
They are manual pump jacks, they do not tie into the lift hydraulics. No locks on mine. They are very heavy. You install them and leave them. Just slide them back and forth. The long lift you are buying can easily accommodate two jacks.

Don