Thread: Brake Bleed
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 04:42 PM

Mark,

I really like this idea! As with many ideas, it seems so logical once you see it, but I had never thought of it. I have a few follow-up questions please:
  • Have you attempted this same method on your hydraulic clutch system?
  • What tank did you use on the pressure side to hold the fluid? It looks like a Canton tank, with a modified top (to seal) and bottom (for a larger fitting)?
  • Is 50-psi pressure a 'magic' number for the pressure side? I'm curious if a lower-pressure would be sufficient (perhaps for the clutch which is not as robust of a reservoir)?
  • Finally, when you topped off the final fill, did you have to suck fluid out to achieve that level after you released the pressure? You mentioned an extension on the bottom of the cap, but it's not clear to me how that helps...
Sorry for all of the questions, but I would like to replicate this in the near future as I'll be filling my own brake system soon. I'd prefer to learn from experience vs. having to do it by trial and error. I have the cap on order (should have been here already but for a shipping snafu...).

Thanx for sharing!