View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccracin View Post
This is the direction all forms of racing eventually take. So what are the interpretations of the rules regarding the No Limit Hell Boy Truck, Trent Summers Truck, Ridetech's factory 5 33. Etc etc. These just to name a few are purpose built. Do they no longer count in the auto cross standings? Not trying to be a pain Ed, but I've been racing a long time and this type of thing is what has crippled local racing all over the country. Get rid of the money and get back to the start. Fun and bragging rights! Either way good luck, I love watching and will hopefully have our truck out there sooner rather than later.

Have to agree with you there Chad.... this WAS just good clean fun. The minute you introduce "rules" (other than basic safety) and money... the fun goes away - the "skirting" begins... and then comes the grumbling and the controversy.

I certainly don't understand the body mod rule... at a car show / hot rod event... I mean that's just flat counter intuitive to me. What's next - a Ford in a Ford? Period correct motors? Now you've got that wonderful growth org NCRS...