View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
2.5 degrees UP from level.

Your tailshaft is DOWN 3-3.5 from level. If this is true it puts them close to the same plane.

This is exaggerated: Tailshaft: \ Driveshaft: / Rear: \
Thank you. That's what I've been thinking and saying but the number of articles and information pages I'm reading that say the pinion angle is the difference between the drive shaft angle and the angle the pinion is placed at is staggering and it pisses me off, lol. It's just confusing me because in my mind the difference between the angles is the working angle not the pinion angle. Just wanting to make sure I'm communicating properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy View Post
i just dont see his driveshaft going up from the trans to the rear diff. My car is Low and i know its a 1st gen but i still have 1 degree down on my driveshaft angle. If his driveshaft is going up my guess is that he is measuring his engine angle wrong. The crank pulley and fuel rails were the easiest spot for me to measure.
I measured at the balancer just a minute ago and it's showing 2.5 to 3 degrees up from level which causes the tail shaft to point down. I think I'm going to invest in a digital angle gauge so I can stop expecting this manual gravity one to be accurate. It's hard to read as well.

If you stand on the driver's side of the car moving from front to back, my drive line looks like what Todd posted \ / \ .

Thanks everyone

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims