View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chassisworks View Post
This is a cool project! I wouldn't stress too much about getting a chassis fixture as long as your work surface is flat and level. We have sold thousands of chassis kits that were built in garages around the world. Just keep measuring three times and weld once.

Regarding the engine mounting, if you have a front plate you definitely need to run a mid plate. It's going to reduce binding, increase safety, and increase chassis rigidity. Also, you should run a torque limiter. This will keep you from cracking the tranny case, or the billet front plate.

You weld the stub coming off the rod-end to the frame rail then the other end bolts to the engine mount boss.
Thanks for the input! I didnt build a full mid plate, but I made some "wings" that bolt to the bell housing...

I think they will be more than suffiecent. They mount off two of the 7/16" bolts and I also made them so that they will take a .500 dowel pin and they will piggy back onto the bores that locate the bellhousing to the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
I think the mid plate is a good choice on this one. From the looks of that motor I don't feel the 4 bolts alone on that front plate will hold over a long period of time.
My thoughts too.. I think what I've got should work pretty good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstryr View Post
Plus he has access to all the machines and tooling he wants...just time ?
I know... Too bad I have to keep production running so I dont have time to make things like I want. But that is what you are for....

I have some spindle pins I need machined.....

More billet goodies.

I've got to yard the motor out so I can build the mounts off the frame for the "mid plate" . What a pain, my garage is stuffed full!!

Last edited by 358Mustang; 10-17-2014 at 02:40 AM.