View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 07:55 PM

Smile Back at it

after a little break helping my buddy Pete get his Rocky Mountain Sheep Ram!!!! Had a blast in the mountains but I can tell anyone that hasn't attempted this hunt it was not for the faint of heart.

All things electrical … finished up the trunk wiring and the front lighting. Luckily I had keep all the OEM harness and I needed the single element reverse light socket and the front turn signal sockets. I was surprised that AAW didn't include a wire for the reverse lights so I ran it forward and will terminate it when I get the T56 installed.

This is the terminated brown wire for the rear lights and license plate light, 1 into 3 … really!

OEM single element socket for the reverse light, had to get the contact out of the socket to reuse the socket.

The rear harness all loomed out and my fingers still hurt, 4 wires filled the 1/4 loom and it was tight!

Had to tap the stands on the housings to accept 8-32 screws and then a coat of reflective paint, looks good!

I was very surprised to find the front turn signals I ordered matched the OEM ones, nice!

Luckily I had the OEM sockets for the turn signals, molex butt connector and heat shrink and she's good to go.

I unwrapped my front GM grille assembly and to my surprise there was my dash pad Guess it's been wrapped since 2011 to protect it from the crud. Thinking I'll send it in and get a make over but not as bulky as GM made them in the 60's. I set it in place with the new turn signals to get the lengths and placement of the wiring harness. Next is to take the rivets out and get it powder coated and install my NOS grille insert …. can't wait!

I have the OEM clip for the harness running across the tail pan, just needed cleaning and some paint!

Making progress on the wiring … still need to loom everything once I know all is well and works and planned. Thanks for looking ...

Let the house go .... NEVER give up your car!!!!