View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianstanford View Post
thank you!

quote from tick performance-

During your next clutch install, determine if your slave cylinder needs to be shimmed or not. To do so, you need to take two measurements:
Measurement "A" is the distance between the surface of the bellhousing that meets the transmission to the tip of the pressure plate fingers. To get an accurate measurement, the clutch must be torqued properly.
Measurement "B" is the distance between the throwout bearing surface to the transmission surface that meets the bellhousing. To get an accurate measurement, the slave spring must be removed and the bearing must be fully seated at the bottom of it's travel; resting on the slave's base.
Once you've got your two measurements, make sure that measurement "B" is ~1/16" to 1/8" LESS than measurement "A". If you come up with more than 1/8", add an appropriately sized shim between the slave and the transmission in order to get the measurements where they need to be.

If there is no difference between the two measurements, or if "B" is greater than "A", there could be a problem with clutch engagement which could result in premature clutch slip and eventually a total failure.

my #'s were-
trans side 1 7/8''
motor side 2 1/8''
1/4'' gap
need 1/8'' shim
Wow that's really good info there. Im running a stock T56 and clutch and had no issues with clutch engagement but did go through 2 slave cylinders 1 new and 1 used both GM pieces ( both leaked and ruined my clutch disc) I removed the shim that I had and so far no issues with 4k miles. Weird huh
Maybe a fluke thing