View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

Default Roadster Shop 2nd Gen Camaro Build

I have been getting a lot of questions about this car when it was seen in the background of a few other pics that I posted. I was going to wait until we were further along with the build to post, but here are some early stages of a 2nd gen that we are building for a new customer from CA. The car features one of our new Fast Track chassis and will be powered by a twin turbo LS shortly. It should be a pretty unique car.

Ride Height mock ups - The goal was to get this car sitting low with larger tires than most are runing on their 2nd gens. We really like the way a 20" x12" wheel with a 28" tire looks under the back of these cars. Front will be either an 18" or 19" x 10" with a 295 tire. We were able to get a ride height of 3.75" at the front of the rocker and 4.5" at the rear of the rocker. This thing just looks bad a$$ sitting there!

(The car had already been primed and the fenders painted when we received it. All of this will eventually be re-done.)

Here are a few shots of the completed chassis. This is part of our new Fast Track chassis line up. We are building vehicle specific chassis for 1st and 2nd gen Camaro's, 62-67 Novas, 64-71 Mustangs, challenger/'cuda, Chevelle/GTO/A Body and a few others.

Last edited by Roadster Shop; 01-12-2011 at 10:14 PM.