View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM

I figured I would post an update. The LS1 T-56 I mentioned in the last post was picked up by a friend in KC who was near and he held it for me while I made time to go up and get it. Once I got up there I found out that the seller had lied and it was yet another LT1 T-56 At least this one is super clean and a 2.66 1st gear so I can convert it over.

I started in on replacing the front floor pans since they had some minor rust. While the pans were out I went in and coated the insides of the frame rails and extended up the trans tunnel brace to clear the T-56. The passenger side is in and this weekend I hope to get the drivers side welded in and start on fitting the old trans tunnel back in and patching in the gaps where it was raised.

I also found out recently that install I did on the AJE 4-link rear suspension will be covered in the June issue of Modified Mustangs. I'm hoping for a full article once the car is complete.

Edit: I also have pictures of the finished EFI conversion on the intake. I also got word this week that they are starting on the machine work on my block. God willing they will have the short block together before too long and I can start putting the long block together and sit it in the car to finalize the steering shaft placement and header design.

Last edited by Injected65; 02-15-2013 at 10:59 AM.