View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Well that's not good and I am very sorry to here this news.

Don't give up just pull it and find a new shop.

Another option would be to pull off all of the small parts and you take them and have them powder coated. To keep the car safe from rusting you may also want to consider having everything put in an epoxy primer to protect. The head off to another body shop.

If you bring the car in primer it doesn't look like such a big project and all they have to do it take off all the stuff you powdered. Think of it as a baby step into a body shop. Plus the more you can powder the less you have to pay the painter and the less time it will be in BS Jail.

edit: You could also have them dust some paint on the interior, underside, inside of trunk and then while it is hanging out you could raptor liner the floor and Lizard skin / DEI Boom Mat the interior.

The guy doing my car is affordable, but is a one man show and theres to many cars in his shop. Some of the other shops I trust to do the paint, charge by the hour so it could get really pricey for me. Either way if my car isn't started in the next few weeks i'll be taking it home..lol Its a little disappointing when I worked on the car all winter and basically handed it to him ready to go. I even pre-assembled the whole car a couple of times while I was waiting for a spot in his shop. The only up side is it gives me time to save some money