View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 10:38 PM

Keeping this thread updated is hard work when on average I go to two SoCal SCCA events a month! Not that I'm complaining about the autocross time, mind you.

Since my last update there have been two CalClub autocross events at El Toro.

7/31/16 recap

For overall CAM this is one of the better turnouts we have had at Cal Club and a nice mix of all three classes with 6 CAM-C drivers, 2 CAM-S drivers and 5 CAM-T drivers. The course was fun but was not favorable towards high HP cars as there just weren't any good spots to really put the pedal to the medal. It was a nicely flowing course but really required finesse on the throttle. This was also the weekend before COTA and my last chance to get some practice so I attended both the Saturday practice day and Sunday champ/points day.

It was great to have Ian S. drive his Mustang up from San Diego to run with us at El Toro and supporting the Cal Club CAMT class

CAMT cars in the pits.

CAM taking over grid!

Sadly Chad H. who owns the beautiful 69 Mustang in the above pic snapped a throttle cable early on so he wasn't fully able to enjoy the day.

CAM results for Sunday

I managed to get the win with 1st in CAMT but my heavily heat cycled Falken's were really struggling. I was way behind Greg and Chris in CAMC. Right after this event I swapped to my fresh Falken tires for driving to and completing in Optima at COTA.

I didn't end up uploading video for this event as I was too busy getting ready for COTA as soon as the even ended.

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023