View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 10:58 PM

We had the final Cal Club SCCA autocross of 2016 this past weekend. Cal Club autocross events are quickly becoming some of my favorite driving events to run the car in.

Overall we had 10 cars run CAM. 4 CAMC and 6 CAMT cars.

In the CAMT class we saw Kraig make his first Cal Club event and a tight race between second and fourth place. This was Danny's first event with his fender flares and fat 315 Rival S tires. He closed the gap nicely compared to past events.

The best part of my Sunday was placing do high in the PAX index. PAX is a handicap system that allows you to compare completely different cars to each other. I was the highest finishing v8 powered car and my first ever top 15 finish at Cal Club (out of 151 drivers that day).

I found out about Cal Club at the end of 2014 when I got my V3.0 build of the Camaro completed. Searching around on the 2014 results there was *nobody* running CAM. I did my first Cal Club event in the second half of 2015 and have been trying to spread the word on how fun these events are. I'm excited that for 2016 almost all of the monthly events had solid CAM participation. We also had several folks buy points cards and run for the season championship. Due to the historically low participation all three CAM classes are combined for season points using PAX. I ended up second behind the CAMC national champion. I'm hopeful that 2017 will see more people signing up points cards and running for the season championship in all CAM classes.

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023