View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
I didn't think people still used wet batteries.
maybe in some correct restoration build. I always used the Odyssey PC 1200 in the wakeboard boats, I had 3 in mine.
I appreciate you trying to help. The point of my question has been lost I think. The take away here I suppose is that a regular alt will only get the AGM batteries to about 80% of their proper charge. It takes a 3 step charger to get them topped off. They will work fine for years like that but they won't have the same efficiency or life than if they were properly charged. That's all well documented and easy enough to find.

The thing I was looking for is the same thing the RVs do with the BCDC charger but to also be able to automatically use the house battery cranking if required. It appears that a BCDC charger or advanced regulator set up for dual AGM batteries AND a standard parallel switch to use in the event of an emergency is the best way to handle it. I'm sure there is some super high dollar battery management system that will do it automatically but the BCDC charger and switch are already going to be well over $500

Last edited by Doug1; 05-21-2019 at 02:06 PM.