View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post

Why not stick with the leafs. My understanding is you need a beefy rear suspension...ie type that doesn't bend easily and has has a relatively low roll center.

Vince
I assume that i can get more traction with 4 links, would be lighter and most important easier to setup for different tracks, when leafspings own sprinrate and damping action mess coil-overs setup a bit. Alltough with IRS setup it would be better when entering normal track races.

Now i have few leafs removed from packs and coilovers with relatively soft springs, i can setup overall springrate to correct(ish) level thatway, changing springs to coilovers.

Leafsprings doesnīt make setting shock absorbers that easy, since they have their own ability to do that.

Roll center, i donīt understand much about that area.

And sorry if my english sucks a bit, iīm from Finland. Hope you understand all...
Bodyparts, those are relatively cheap comparing to Jap cars, many guys drive JDM cars in here, when you need something in those, it sucks. And iīve allways wanted to do these things litlle different than everyone else, makes also easier to get sponsors.