View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
I have the same issue on my 442. exhaust routed out the back. But if the windows are open, I create o low pressure zone inside the cab apparently and it sucks up a good portion of the exhaust through the trunk I guess. I've tried taping all the gaps, but I still reeeek after a drive which my wife hates.

Walker has a lot of great info on Cats, especially the break-in period and how its so critical. I am planning on getting two walkers(OEM) high cell count, yeah I know, not high flow, but I'd rather trade some power for clean exhaust. I'd be real curious to know if the Thunderbolts clean up the smell to your satisfaction.

As far as the tune, if your tuning with EFILive I can suggest some values for injector EOIT I found worked for my 6.0L LQ9, depending on your setup it may help.
The thunderbolt cats are 300 cell hoping to eliminate or minimize exhaust smell. The reason why I went with Thunderbolts is that they are compact cats. I have not installed them yet. Maybe sometime in March I am going to install them and let you know how it goes.

I also need to check the tuning.
Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors, FIKSE FM5s