View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKz Garage View Post
Has anyone used the aftermarket door skin for a 2nd gen Camaro?? How did it fit??

Has anyone used the repo door shell?? How did it fit??
I hope to be reskinning my doors in the next couple of weeks. I bought goodmark skins. While I can't speak to the fit yet, there are a couple of guys on YouTube who already did the project, and they were overall pleased with the fit of the skins. The biggest issue is that you will have to hammer and dolly the upper flange to be tighter like the OEM ones. I can say for sure that the skins are not thinner than OEM. They are typically a couple few thou thicker even. I am not sure where the idea that repop stuff is always thinner and chintsier than OEM came from, but I do not believe it to be true. I have repop quarters, a roof skin, an outer cowl panel, a tail panel, an inner deck panel, a trunk pan, floor pans, trunk pan drop-offs, and now door skins for my 77. A couple of those pieces are sourced from goodmark, dynacorn, and Sherman. The good stuff is from AMD. Not one piece has been thinner than OEM. Perhaps that was a problem when people started making these repop panels, but I have not seen it in my experience. Fit is an issue with some of the pieces such as the dynacorn roof skin.

If I remember, I will post back with how the good mark door skin fits the PS door frame. I'm doing some rust repair on the bottoms channels in it now. RR restorations on YouTube and a couple other guys on YT were pleased with the fit though. The reviews for the goodmark pieces on summit are good as well.