Thread: Chevelle 2.0
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixtrix1 View Post
A big thanks, Herb, for this thread! It's really got me motivated to get back into my car's transformation from drag to track, as well as being a visual blueprint for what I have planned for mine. Do you have plans for a body mount behind the rear axle? I moved mine to the inside of the frame rails when I tubbed the car and used the same point for a ballast mount inside the trunk. It appears the rear rails are above the trunk floor. Is this correct? I built my car to match NHRA Super/Stock rules that stipulated there had to be some oe floor between the tubs and the rails below the floor. Looks like I have to rethink that and do a lot more cutting, too! thanks again!
Hi Ric,

You're welcome, glad my posts are helpful!

Yes my rear rails are above the trunk floor. Fortunately I don't have to follow any sanctioning body rules for my build. With that said, once the body is on to stay, I'm probably going to attach what's left of the OE trunk floors to the frame rails using a "L" on each side since there's only about a 1/2" gap. I won't do anything with that though until I get wheel tubs figured out. As for the mount, I think I'm going to fab an outrigger from the frame rail to the mount location.

Hope all that makes sense and answers your question.

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP Youtube