View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

RecoveryRoomInteriors.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
This thread is already going the direction I had hoped. We are all wired different and what works for you, may not work for the next guy. One thing I will say works for EVERYBODY. The better you eat, the longer you consistently excercise, the stronger you will be MENTALLY.

Erik mentions going through a bad divorce. Negativity through your enviroment and influences knocks the wind out of you. I like to compare it to the old nintendo boxing game. Every punch saps the power meeter. When you fight through a tough workout, those last few reps, that last mile, it becomes more natural to keep your head up and have a GREAT attitude, Regardless of circumstances.

That takes me into the next topic. Living healthy isn't just diet and excercise. It's also the company you keep. One of my favorite topics in the Compound Effect is the fact that you are greatly influenced by the FIVE people you spend the most time with. To take it one step further. You are the average of those 5 people. Meaning, happiness, wealth, success, attitude, etc. Who in your life is dragging you down with negativity? What new relationships/friends do you need to increase your POSITIVE influences? It's not just personal either. You can run a better business and surround yourself with the right clients. You just need to cement there expectations and your boundaries up front. For instance, I'm a real estate agent and I've worked one Saturday in 3 months. I take every Sunday off. I work 9-5:30 M-F. When I meet my clients, I outline our relationship in a contract. I want every client to have the same expectations for me and my team. Part of that is having a team member available on Saturdays. My point is, when you set standards for yourself, it's amazing how people will follow suit and respect your values. If they don't, it's the wrong client and relationship for your business and life.
You are so right, Negative people bring you down. Great thread. Another positive read every day.!