View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 04:39 PM

I recently moved away from all my friends and family of 20 years to a new town about 120 miles to the south, so all of this is done by myself, progress will be slower than past builds.

Day 2

Scrubbed and cleaned up. This was the point where I had to make a choice, clean it up and stuff an engine in or do the extra work and make it how it should have been.....

I am no body man.

There were a ton of holes everywhere, as soon as you think you got them all, nope. These were all ground down and metal worked as flat as I could get them. I was pretty happy with the results considering this was done with mostly simple hand tools.

Got the welding wrapped up and got things ready for body work and primer.

Ready for some primer!!!

I was really happy with how the work I was doing turned out I did a lot of work on the inner shock towers to get them cleaned up and flat. I left the factory waves in the inner fenders there as they are kind of a thin with the volvos and they add some personality.

This was numerous coats of filler, sand, filler sand, filler sand, I shot some EVERCOAT high build primer on this and scuffed all that up and got rid of any imperfections. I then loaded everything up and took to a professional for them to paint it.

The Following User Says Thank You to hackster For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (05-13-2018)