View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula364 View Post
Good News!
I have 2" drop spindles - roadrace version from RaceCraft. They are no longer offered. Very happy to have them. Here are some pics.
They are paired with: Spohn tubular adj a-arms and strut mounts, alum hubs, 2 pc 13" rotors & FSL 6pot calipers inside stock wheels!, and swivel cup weight jacks (bolt thru frame rail).

These limit me to 8" wheel. I've always felt that 275 is perfect for street (ruts) - not that 300+ is bad. My thought was a 245 with better RC is equal/competitive to a 275 with worse RC and scrub radius.

Some more thinkin' to do.
That spindle does provide a decent start point. The biggest improvement that can be made I can see is moving/shortening the steering arm.

I would love to see X-Rays of those welds. After seeing the failure on the non-road race version on TGO (yea, I know, he didnt take heed to the warning on their website) I have suspicions. I feel like a fabricated spindle like that should be welded to the same strict standards that are used for AWS D1.1 3G and 4G tests or something similar to it.