View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdvm View Post
I just ordered parts to get my 3qt Accusump plumbed into my 69 Firebird track/street car with an LS3 as well. I decided to mount the sump under the passenger side dash.
You have that much space under the dash? Will it be behind the dashpad (ie: hidden) or on the floor? If it charges/discharges very often, you will get some heat in there. I'm pretty mixed on the idea of having 3 quarts of hot oil in the passenger compartment myself.

Are you using a valve to shut off the tank flow? Manual? Electric? EPC?

How are you going to route the line through the firewall?

Since it's in the passenger compartment, one thing you might consider that would at least make me feel better would be to make a hardline from the Accusump to the firewall. You can have a bulkhead fitting there and use flexible line on the engine compartment side. It would just make installing the accusump a bit tougher.

Oh, and full of oil, it will have some weight to it. What are you mounting it to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdvm View Post
I will be running the sump line into a Canton spin-on adapter at the oil filter (sandwiched between the filter and pan). I will be using an Improved Racing Thermostat (180?) that bolts to the pan above the filter. Lines will run from it to the cooler in my C&R rad. I've done a lot of research, but it looks like you may have done more...does this sound like it will do the job?
I like that IR thermostat also, but already had the Mocal. I'm not sure exactly what your flow path will be on the filter adapter though. Does that adapter have fittings on it? If so, what size?