View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:23 PM

Here's the trans tunnel patch panel I got from Bowler. This piece is really nice! The front section is rather unusable in my case although it could be modified in any number of ways but at least it's something to build off of. I laid it on tape so I could determine how much I wanted it raised in the front and back. I wanted the front section to blend into the firewall and the rear section to blend into the rear portion of the tunnel. I have no intention of running a console so I determined where I wanted the break and where the shifter boot would be. If memory serves me correct, the front was raised 2 1/4" and the rear of the patch was raised 1 3/8". I made a rough template from cardboard for the forward section keeping in mind that when I did the LS swap in the future, I wanted to use the DSE 1.5" setback motor mounts for better weight distribution. The front section of the tunnel will be plenty spacious to accommodate the Quick Time bell housing and give access to all the bolts that attach it to the engine block.
One other item I wanted was that the tunnel be high enough to give the driver somewhat a feeling of being surrounded in the car while not looking blatantly non-factory.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-29-2018)