View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Been about a year and haven't had a chance to touch the car much until recently. One of my goals was to keep the body removable from the frame. I had a hard time trying to figure out how i was going to do that so basically I was too scared to touch the car until I did. I have to give a lot of credit to Gary Betsy on my final solution. He build the Voracious Cuda on this site. Anways, once i had my game plan, it was pretty easy to execute the plan...like two weekends!

Basically i took the art morrison frame and started created a sub structure on top of the frame using 3/16" flat bar. I will then take that sub structure and weld it to the body of the car. That substructure will then bolt up to the AME frame and have polyurethane pads in between.

You can see the pilot holes drilled into the frame. Eventually the threaded bungs will be welded in these spots. It was next to impossible to bring myself to drilling/welding to this frame...once i did though i was happy with the results.

Here are the final holes for the threaded bungs.

Welding the bung into place.

Bungs all welded into place!!

1969 Camaro Z/28: W.I.P. Bolt-on Art Morrison MaxG Chassis, LS2 Stroker, 6spd. manual, amongst many other goodies!