View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
Even today I fondly remember watching Alan in that red and white Camaro hole shot the competition. Damn he was quick on the lights!!!

Ron,
I have a question regarding the roll bar braces that you show in red which connect to the subframe connectors. The SCCA requires a diagonal bar that intersects the horizontal seat belt bar and attaches at the base of the RH hoop mount up to the corner of the hoop behing the drivers head. How would one incorporate both of these bars?

I have seen it done two ways. I edited the drawing to show both ways.

The image on the left is version #1, where the diagonal bar & the subframe bar basically make a x-brace on the passenger side.

The 2nd image is version #2. I prefer this version, as the diagonal bar connecting to a 2"x3"x120" wall subframe connector (fully welded to the floor, front & rear frames) will be a tick stronger & lighter. But technically it doesn't fit the letter of the rule.

I asked the guy who had done his car this way, and he said he simply ran the design past his local SCCA tech director before building it and got an OK. So, if you go this route, I'd get approval first.

Attached Images