View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
Considering (leaning heavily towards) relocating. When it rains it pours; don’t ask ... but yeah moving is now on the table.

Looking for thoughts on locations
Calafornia ?
Austin TX
Seattle WA
New York (city)
Any other areas I should consider

Assuming of course I could find something, the market is strong so I think so. If I am going to move across the country then Iwabt to go where thier is strong car culture

#1 — having been married to someone that was head of HR all of her career — it’s MUCH better to job hunt while still employed.

#2 — I travel a lot - and have lived in New York City - Seattle and California.
New York City is CRAZY expensive - so even if you have a fantastic job - you’ll be hard pressed to live decently.

Seattle is turning into a cesspool of homeless and immigrants..... After 30 years of living there - you couldn’t pay me to go back. And that rain everyone talks about — yeah — it’s miserable. Gray dark cold - and the most beautiful place in the country in the spring and summer.

California is another place that USED to be great - but once again - when you factor in the housing costs - taxes on EVERYTHING - ridiculous commutes - ridiculous prices. If you’re rich and can live in Newport Beach.... and not have to commute - it would be great....

Austin is one of my favorite towns. It’s fun - it’s hip - it’s growing - it has a nice lake (Travis) - trees - hills - affordable housing.... in the suburbs - or live downtown and walk everywhere.... it has a great food scene and music.... has a great race track.... BBQ....
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
XLexusTech (04-22-2019)