View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 12:24 AM

Lance,
I have that exact bridge jack on my 4 post and they are great! In fact I purchased it from Greg Smith. But I'm not sure I would want two of them. I think two jacks would take away a lot of work space under the vehicle and they are very heavy to move on and off the lift. I have to store my jack all the way to the front of the lift in order to get the car on the platform. I also had to build a riser for the front wheels to set on in order to get clearance under the car for the jack. The riser is nothing more than a 3ft length of 2x12 wood setting on the platform with a 2x4 bolted laterally on top to act as a wheel stop.

Don't stress yourself worrying about drilling holes in that new floor. Buy the 4 post with the castors and you can move it anywhere you need it. I would just add that my 4 post is not bolted to the floor and we had a 6.9 earthquake here in VA a few years ago. Dust Off was stored on the lift about 7ft in the air at the time. The car and lift were totally unaffected by the shaking. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the house foundation. Bottom line is that I could not have built Dust Off without the lift and jack.
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"

Last edited by TheJDMan; 06-01-2017 at 12:44 AM.