View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 03:48 PM

Hey Chad,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccracin View Post
Ron,

Let's start with the distributor. There is no distributor rule per say, but there is a rule that does not allow electronic timing control or retard boxes. That's why I said I didn't believe the E-Curve dizzy would be allowed. I understand the goal here and will help them come up with a solution that best fits the budget.
OK. Got it. Get a "self contained racing distributor" that doesn't require an external controller or amplifier ... with a sealed bearing that the shaft spins on. MSD makes them as well as Accel & Mallory.

With regard to the exhaust, here is what they have. The headers are Shoenfeld stepped but are not crossovers.
Crossover not needed.

They are 1 5/8" primary tubes stepped to 1 3/4". The 1 5/8" tubes are 16" long with a total tube length of 38 1/2". They have standard 4 into one 3" collector about 8" long then into the Sheonfeld slip on mufflers. They are 3' in and out with 3 1/2" bodies. They are mounted right to the end of the collectors.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
The easy, low budget solution is ...
a. Keep the headers.

b. Use 3" exhaust tubing for the dual exhaust.

c. Place the center of Insertable Collector Reducers with 2.5" ID at 9.9" from the end of the primary tubes.

d. Add a H-pipe inbetween the dual exhaust with the front edge of the opening of the H-pipe 19.8"± from the end of the primary tubes.

For anyone following along with us, how we place "straight through" mufflers in the exhaust system is different than how we place mufflers with chambers. "Straight through" mufflers act much like straight exhaust tubing, so the placement isn't critical. Chamber mufflers are different, as the exhaust gases are traveling further ... and in some chamber muffler designs ... there is expansion.

e. Chad, since they have straight through type mufflers, attach the mufflers after the H-pipe & try to keep the end of the mufflers (where the exhaust exits into the air) around 37-43" from the end of the primary tubes.