View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I didn't mean to scold anyone.... My comments were meant to try to get a MINOR IMPROVEMENT in what is a great - easy - fun event. I agree with Rodger - we don't need or want a formal deal.... but after a very long couple of days of walking - people are hungry - they're thirsty - and they want to be able to meet and greet folks that they've been waiting to see in person for a year or more. It just would be nice if people didn't have to leave or leave early. A few pizzas and some faster easier beverage refills would fit the bill perfectly.

My offer stands and I could be persuaded to double it if we need it. If they (SIN CITY) are willing and able -- all we need is some more seating (brought in from the outside patio or?) and a continuous flow of hot pizza... and a way to know/see names so we can identify who's who. A name tag would also keep non Lat G people from scarfing our pizza (just a thought)? I hate those things (name tags) but it would really help in a group this big.

Greg,

I wouldn't call it a scolding. It's obviously something that everyone has been thinking about and wanting. It needs to be addressed. Our community has a lot of great people and part of the reason we all go to SEMA is to meet up. As a member I would love to see a bit more done so we can enjoy a nice evening together and I'll do whatever I can to support that. I like that Mark started this and if he wants to keep after it, then I'll back him up, which is what I see you doing. Let's keep the ideas flowing and see what we can come up with.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/