View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 05:59 AM
Supporting Vendor

Don,

Which car did you ride in with our setup? We have different levels of parts we used based on intended use of the vehicle. The 48 Hour Camaro, for example, runs nearly 1000# front coils, Delrin and heims everywhere, and has everything as tight and stiff as we can get it, and virtually no sound deadening as it weighs too much. . .but it needs every advantage it can get in the current autocross climate.
That being said, the electronic shocks do make a HUGE difference in ride quality as I can basically turn them off when I want.

My guess is that your AME sub utilizes OE corvette control arms and they still have the rubber bushings? They would lower NVH of course, but when pushed to the limits would move enough to alter tire contact patch. So a completely equal car to yours with the exception something like our C5/6/7 Corvette Delrin control arm bushings would click the stopwatch just a touch quicker.
Again, it all depends on the intended purpose of the vehicle and how the car was setup.

As always ride quality is such a subjective thing. I've ridden in and tuned so many cars over the years I have a pretty decent "butt dyno". I prefer my sports cars a bit on the stiff side with slightly increased NVH. . .I'm ok with that and think it actually adds to the experience.
However, I also have a 66 Lincoln Continental convertible which feels like a Spanish galleon on the North Sea. ..so when I want to drive my couch I just take the Lincoln.