View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM

To dealers, here's how to increase business and have happier customers:

1.) When something is out of stock or back ordered, make it clear before and after the item is ordered. I can't count how many times I have decided to order a part from company X only to find out weeks later when I inquire about it that it's "at the powder coater" or on back order. While it may allow you to get that order, I will pretty much avoid ordering from you again. I currently have one part in this limbo status, a detroit speed wiper motor. Note that DSE states clearly on their website it's back ordered, and although they have pushed the date for when they will have more back 2 weeks at a time for like 3 months which also annoys me, at least they mention it, the dealer who I ordered it through (a site sponsor) hasn't said anything at all, and so they won't be getting another order from me.

2.) Put it on your website. It's a hassle for me to call and order parts during business hours, and if you post your parts in a thread here, that thread goes away quickly so no one knows that you have x or y. I've probably called for two parts, things which pretty much demanded discussion (wheels and rear suspension). Before Ironworks website even let you see their products I had ordered a LS1 mount through it. JCG posted about some nice parts, and that thread is gone and you can't order anything through their website, and now I can barely even remember what they posted only that at the time I thought they had some nice stuff for decent prices. It's very easy to get a website setup to let people buy things, there is no excuse for this.

3.) Don't try to make money on shipping. While I think it's not reasonable to expect people to go out of their way to pick whatever shipping method is the cheapest, don't ship something in a USPS box that clearly costs 5$ and charge me 15$. This is one of those things where when it happens, I'm less inclined to purchase things from you again.

4.) Communicate. If an order is going to take or is taking longer than originally anticipated, send an e-mail or call the person.

There's a reason why people were saying they would just favor Summit and Jegs more after Driverz went south, it's because they do all of this.