View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Progress has been slow- out of town, family, house projects, blah, blah....

Finally got the factory spot welds removed. Trimmed the old and new floor pans to fit as tightly as I could.

Then started tacking the new pan in. Took a handful of tacks to get the welder settings where I needed them. Trying to take my time and not overheat/warp as I go.

Once I finish this floor pan, I'll remove the front body panels/hood/engine/trans. I'll pull the subframe to clean, seam weld, install Chicane front coilover mounts, and paint.

Interesting note- I was nosing around the engine bay...I haven't really touched that area because I was focused on the floor pan. The seller told me it had a SBC 350. Well.....according to the casting number at the driver's rear of the block, 330817, I have a '72-'80, 2 bolt main, SBC 400. I know _nothing_ about the SBC 400, so I have alot of research to do. So far, I don't think that's a bad thing. I just didn't want a BBC due to the weight.

The Edelbrock intake manifold model number tells me it is for Vortec heads. From the intake manifold bolt pattern/orientation, I believe Vortec's are what I have.
Attached Images

Last edited by DWC; 03-09-2018 at 09:23 AM.