View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 01:40 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default 1969 Hugger Orange C10 - Needs a Name

Well two weeks ago i was out of town for work and saw a perfect candidate pop up on a facebook page and immediately went to work figuring out how to pick it up.

The truck in question is a 1969 Chevy SWB. It's got a 67 front and bed on it. It's going to be a good match for the Camaro!

Its not perfect, paint is decent driver which is what I wanted, and it's powered (currently) by a 350/700R4. Has 3.73 rear gears and 20" american racing "rallye style" wheels in 20x8 and 20x9.5.

I made the deal and flew to OK to inspect and pick up the truck just a little over a week later. Rented a car in OKC and picked up some car parts from JetHot while I was there. Drove down to Duncan and saw it for the first time. It was love at first sight.

I did the deal and started my 450mi drive back home. It was a quick turnaround given I was scheduled to go offshore the following day and had dogs that needed to be let out!

Fueled up and ready to go!

Welcome to Texas!

One good thing on the way back was after a full tank of 75mph cruising with some vicious side winds as well as some tail wind, It manged to get 17.3mpg!

OK enough with the photo-whoring,now with the build plans!!!

Driveline:
LY6/6L90e is the current engine in mind. Have some prospects, we will see if still available when i'm back from offshore. With this I'll be moving the tank to the rear and removing it from the cab.

Suspension:
Looking for budget bag setup controlled with Accuair e-level kit.
For brakes I have my eyes on a Kore3 kit with C6 calipers and rotors. I have some interest in trying to make 5th gen camaro brakes and building my own brackets but we'll see how that goes.

On top of that I plan to re-do the wiring to update it a bit, some minor interior upgrades and a mild stereo. I want a nice, reliable cruiser that I can do some mild towing with.

William
2018 GMC Denali HD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to will69camaro For This Useful Post:
130fe (04-27-2018), WILWAXU (04-27-2018)