View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 10:47 PM

8/21/16 CalClub El Toro recap

And this past weekend I attended another Saturday practice and Sunday champ day with CalClub at El Toro.

We had one of the best CAMT turnouts at CalClub of the year with 6 drivers showing up. It was great to see Arlo try his first SCCA event and course and he picked a great one to attend. This was the last CalClub event before the national solo championships in Lincoln Nebraska in September so the course was a national level course that flowed very very well and was a ton of fun.

Efrain, Kevin and I are becoming regulars at these events which is great and in addition to Arlo we had his friend Joe try it out and Richard bringing up his Mustang from San Diego.

Overall we had 10 CAM cars, 4 CAMC and 6 CAMT, which I believe might be the first time in a while that CAMT outnumbered CAMC in CalClub. I managed a first in CAMT and 2nd overall from all CAM cars. If I can get within about 2.5 seconds of the Brett's 99 Mustang aka Modzilla I'm doing pretty well. Especially since he had just recently upgraded to custom JRI shocks in preparation for Nationals.

Efrain got some payback on Kevin who beat him at the last event to take third place while Richard had a solid lock on second place.

Here is the video of my best run on this super fun course

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023