View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:31 PM

You Can't argue with all of Gregs reasoning, And you're certainly not wrong about pre-planning, and you'll never be able to do enough unfortunately.
What you can do is read as many frame off build threads as possible on these forums to kind of see what is to be expected.
I had a similar mentality as you over 17 months ago when I bought my 68 rolling shell and my parts list is also very similar to yours, speedtech pro touring frame and torque arm, LS3 etc. I also thought my shell was pretty good condition....
Fast forward 8months, 30 grand and EVERY body panel replaced and it is great condition....
There's no doubt that the crate LS3-525 will fit, but to take full advantage of it's warranty, if that is your plan, then you really need that to be your last step of the entire build, with all the other necessary parts required for it to fit ordered prior. So ideally headers and engine mounts from speedtech to ensure proper fitment, oil pan from MAST motorsports(it fits), front runner system, wiring, everything...
That is one plan, But kind of goes against everything I've learnt regarding frame off builds and the way I'm tackling my car, being to build the entire car, fully assemble, and then disassemble for bodywork...
Like Greg said, there could be a book on all the steps, and there are also a lot of different ways to get there. Learn how you want to get there and you'll end up very happy.