View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 AM

I made a change in life style about 7 months ago. 193 lbs at 5'8". I didn't want to go on meds for cholesterol (it was border line on my last check up) The thing that helped me the most is exactly what Todd did, is write everything down that you eat. It is a huge PITA, however, if you use myfitnesspal.com (it is free!) you can create a profile for yourself, your target weight and the time frame you want to lose the weight and it will do the rest. The beauty of this website (besides being free) is that it also has a mobile app. Download to your phone and use the barcode scanner to import foods that you eat. Log in to myfitnesspal, tap input foods, scan the label of your yogurt and boom, it shows up in your foods. Exercise in the morning? Make a note of it. (You should eat your exercise calories btw) I am down 20lbs and using MFP has been a lifestyle change for me because of the portion control. Do I still eat potato chips? Every now and then and I eat the portion size on the bag. If it is 12 chips, I have 12 chips. The motivator for me has been the exercise. Since you eat the calories, I work my butt off and then I eat pizza on Friday night (without guilt) The key for me was never letting myself get to hungry. I eat tons of fruits and vegetables and I always carry them with me. Pack my lunch for work, etc. I am amazed that for lunch I can get by with a turkey on wheat, 1 oz of cheese, a huge bag of carrots, and diet Pepsi and I am full! Check it out. I think it will work for a lot of people.

Darren