Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Vendor Specific Technical Discussions and Support > Roadster Shop Chassis and Components
User Name
Password

Old 06-28-2017, 05:41 PM

What long tube headers fit in the spec chassis for a LS3?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:32 PM

Quick question.
The Camaro in the video is it the same one shown on your web site with the old frame rails removed?
I would prefer this on my 1969 with a spec four.
thanks
Old 06-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkegs14 View Post
What long tube headers fit in the spec chassis for a LS3?
We offer a mid length header that we use for the LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz57 View Post
Quick question.
The Camaro in the video is it the same one shown on your web site with the old frame rails removed?
I would prefer this on my 1969 with a spec four.
thanks
I don't know of the exact one on our website you are referring to, however the car in this thread as well as all of the other SPEC camaros retain the factory rear frame rails, could have been a FAST TRACK install that you might have seen, shoot me a picture and Ill be glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ptta View Post
Any plans for a second gen f body spec chassis?
At this time no, due to the floor constraints of the second gens

Last edited by Roadster Shop; 06-29-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:53 AM

the mid length headers, are those the hooker ones on "Georges 69 Camaro" build archive pictures?

Cause the other archives for spec camaro chassis seem to have to have long tube headers, or were those custom made for that build?
Old 07-12-2017, 12:18 AM

Default Recommended products & suppliers

I recently purchased one of your spec chassis and am new to the fourm and have been searching for products to work with the chassis but the fact this chassis is relatively new to the market having a hard time. I am looking for some advise as you have built a few cars with this chassis and your the manufacturer. Is there some recommended or must need products and suppliers that you guys have found to fit with this chassis the literature provided is great but I found missing some key elements that could have been included for the average hobbyists like things to complete the build fuel system, cooling system, brake products aside from Calipers. I am going to be installing a LS3 and tremic t-56 magnum. Some insight would be great!
Old 07-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkegs14 View Post
the mid length headers, are those the hooker ones on "Georges 69 Camaro" build archive pictures?

Cause the other archives for spec camaro chassis seem to have to have long tube headers, or were those custom made for that build?

Mkegs, no the mid length headers Im referring to are ones from Ultimate Headers that we use, the hooker manifolds on Georges 69 are another great option for noise reduction and fit the bill for most applications, depending on the HP number your working with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid-Canada View Post
I recently purchased one of your spec chassis and am new to the fourm and have been searching for products to work with the chassis but the fact this chassis is relatively new to the market having a hard time. I am looking for some advise as you have built a few cars with this chassis and your the manufacturer. Is there some recommended or must need products and suppliers that you guys have found to fit with this chassis the literature provided is great but I found missing some key elements that could have been included for the average hobbyists like things to complete the build fuel system, cooling system, brake products aside from Calipers. I am going to be installing a LS3 and tremic t-56 magnum. Some insight would be great!
Kid Canada, we would be more than happy to help you with any questions or help on parts compatibility.

Please feel free to call us at the shop and ask for Mark or Ervin and they will steer you through the process.

What brake products, cooling products and fuel products in particular were you looking to be included.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:08 PM

I could definitely call just hard to find time to call with work and time difference.i had called once before I purchased it just came across more questions I'll fire away and if I gotta call that's fine but if you could answer that would be great. Got quite a few questions building from ground up.

I purchased the 4 piston wilwood calipers and the brake line kit that includes the portioning valve as options with it just curious what you recommend for brake booster and master cylinder using a ls engine as I am starting with a shell and no stock parts to use.

What fuel tank have you guys found that fits well between the rear rails, ricks tanks? Also what are you guys running for fuel lines etc.

What radiators have you guys been running just anything that's used for a ls conversion in the stock radiator support I was looking a auto rad and curious if there's any prefered options and hoses that work for the application.

From reading the above comments exhaust was another question do most headers fit or specific brands fit better long tubes or is mid length the way to go and have you found some mufflers that fit the space exceptionally well. I am more than willing to purchase your headers and perhaps a full exhaust from you as I have seen the work you do great work!

drive shaft I imagine you just have to measure it up and get a custom one sourced but thought I would ask if there's a preferred vendor

What steering column and accessories are required to hook up to your power steering rack. Preferred vendor

Drive belt system is also another question mark do stock GM kits work or Holley or another brand!

Sorry had quite a few questions might have even forgotten something really a build sheet or a parts list plus products and preferred vendors might be a good thing to get from you guys.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:27 AM

all great questions ^^^Kid canada. As i'll be having to address these same things
Old 07-13-2017, 08:04 PM

Yeah Mkeg14
when I called before I purchased they gave me some ideas on the phone but the person I talked to said there would be a fairly extensive booklet with the chassis all it included was what oil pan to use and where to modify for a transmission and rebuilt part numbers and reassembly info.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:22 PM
Supporting Vendor

RoadsterShop.com

Please see our responses below each of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid-Canada View Post
I could definitely call just hard to find time to call with work and time difference.i had called once before I purchased it just came across more questions I'll fire away and if I gotta call that's fine but if you could answer that would be great. Got quite a few questions building from ground up.

I purchased the 4 piston wilwood calipers and the brake line kit that includes the portioning valve as options with it just curious what you recommend for brake booster and master cylinder using a ls engine as I am starting with a shell and no stock parts to use.

Manual Brakes - we use a 7/8 bore master. There are several companies that offer these depending on your budget and desired look.

Power Brakes - the DSE booster/master kit is the best kit that we have used.

What fuel tank have you guys found that fits well between the rear rails, ricks tanks? Also what are you guys running for fuel lines etc.

We have a stainless tank made specifically for our chassis that will install with the stock tank straps. They range from $1,200 - $2,500 depending on what your fuel pump requirements are. Standard LS pump for up to 500 HP will be on the low side of that range.
For fuel lines, we have been using the Fragola Series 6000 PTFE lined hose. it has proven to hold up to the additves in the newer gasoline and not have the gas smell permeate through the line. -6 hose would get the job done for most LS motors.

What radiators have you guys been running just anything that's used for a ls conversion in the stock radiator support I was looking a auto rad and curious if there's any prefered options and hoses that work for the application.

We run C&R or Ron Davis in most builds. They do bolt-in and custom radiators. I would recommend a power steering cooler and trans cooler (if running an automatic)

From reading the above comments exhaust was another question do most headers fit or specific brands fit better long tubes or is mid length the way to go and have you found some mufflers that fit the space exceptionally well. I am more than willing to purchase your headers and perhaps a full exhaust from you as I have seen the work you do great work!

We offer the Ultimate Headers mid length stainless headers, which is what we use on most builds. For lower HP engines and/or budget orientated builds, we have used the Hooker cast LS manifolds. Pretty much any block hugger header that has a rear exit would work . Most full tube headers are going to hang too low for the ride height our chassis is designed for.

We have used the Borla XR1 and PRO XS mufflers. their shorter body size allows more room to work with the exhaust. The exhaust will have to be custom built. We do not offer a kit at this point.

drive shaft I imagine you just have to measure it up and get a custom one sourced but thought I would ask if there's a preferred vendor

You will have to measure and have one custom built. we do not have a preferred vendor.

What steering column and accessories are required to hook up to your power steering rack. Preferred vendor
Ididit direct fit steering columns work great. 3/4-36 U-joint on the steering rack and what ever u-joint is needed on the column, then a straight shot of DD shaft to connect them. (depending on your final header selection). I would run a power steering cooler and a flow control valve in the power steering system.

Drive belt system is also another question mark do stock GM kits work or Holley or another brand!
We have not used any of the stock GM kits. We use Wegner Motorsports or Billet Specialties for all of the serpentine systems. They are nice and tight to the motor, best looking, and have had the best luck with the components.

Sorry had quite a few questions might have even forgotten something really a build sheet or a parts list plus products and preferred vendors might be a good thing to get from you guys.
We have done several full builds on SPEC Camaro's already. There are plenty of pics of the entire process on our web site that should help.

http://roadstershop.com/galleries/georges-1969-camaro/

http://roadstershop.com/galleries/1968-spec-camaro/

http://roadstershop.com/galleries/spec-1968-camaro/