Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Lateral-G's "Members on the Scene"
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2015, 09:43 AM

Default Little bit different event for our last one of the year

Our last local SCCA race was last Sunday and seems how it was our "halloweenie" event where everyone wore costumes and also dressed their cars up, I showed up in a different car for my costume...

A local guy that had started racing in CAM with us this year asked me to help him get better in his car, so I asked if we could just co-drive it for the last event. Barney has a dinged clutch and while I could have still raced him, I thought this might be fun as well as help Jeremy out.

Let me introduce the 2013 ZL1 convertible we drove...

Pretty interesting trying to wrestle a 4400# car with almost 600 hp on tap around an autocross course..let me tell you. Not only that but because we had 174 registered drivers at this event, we didn't even get a parade lap...so my first time actually driving the car was on run 1 at speed.

The car was a blast, it's big, it's fast, and it has great brakes. The bummer was it's an auto trans car and visibility is not that great with it. Between the two of us, we killed a LOT of cones that day. Of course so did everyone else, 493 of them to be exact...

I finished 3rd in class a tenth behind Jason Luebcke in his 5th gen 1LE and about a second behind Patrick in his 4th gen WS6. Jeremy was 5th I think only about a second behind me. Not too bad for a beginner, hopefully I helped show him what his beast can do. Here's a video of my 4th run. I had to slow down by almost a second to finally get a clean run...

Now the season is finally over for us and we can start with the off season upgrade plans... That and watching all of my friends go to Vegas and Scottsdale for their year end events... Good luck to all of them next week.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:58 PM

Lance, you did an outstanding job piloting that car around the track. If I recall those tires on the ZL1 were less than optimal as well. With all those cones getting knocked down I wonder if they'll rethink 3 tiiiiiiight Chicago boxes in the same course again. At least you got your exercise for the day! I'm still fuming over over my last run though, ugh.

Make sure to post your videos.