Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-24-2017, 10:20 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,566 Times in 851 Posts

Talked to my buddy Tom and he is switching all his build to have the brake booster and master from a 5th gen camaro as it works perfectly with big brakes.

I can tell you first hand since I have the Giant Brembo's on my 5th gen and they stopping performance is incredible.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 08-25-2017, 11:05 AM

More Pics
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2017, 12:31 PM

Very nice and nice quality pics.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 09-26-2017, 11:24 AM

Default New Work

So, Here is some more pics of whats happening. Hoping to have it as a roller by SEMA. Then its off to SEMA for new ideas.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
I love everything about the build and the car and really looking forward to the build.

However, I would like to add what I have learned on the last four builds.

What makes you want to get in your car and drive it are things we all take for granted when we build a hot rod as we are so used to new cars. Heck, I have driven $5,000 cars that I would feel more comfortable jumping in and driving cross country then cars I have built and owned in the past. We tend to overbuild (syborg) our hot rods which take away the #1 thing we need in our hot rods "Reliability". So when I started the 70 in my garage I wanted to make sure I didn't over complicate the build to the point where the car would be a pain in the butt to drive.

Rule's to consider

Does the car start, run (reliabily), ride comfortably, have good interior sound quality and stop like a new car and the thing we all seem to forget about how easy is the car to service. In other words don't hide stuff as when you need to get to it you might not like your fabricator as much.

If even one of these points are missed then you most likely won't want to drive the car.

That being said I see you have manual brake and that's great however they get old quick and in traffic they suck. You have plenty of room on your firewall so my suggestion is to buy the DSE brake booster and install it and I promise you that you will be happy the first day you have to panic stop. I can honestly say the DSE Booster and the kore3 brakes on my car are simply amazing and they stop like any modern car. Well maybe not the Cayman.

Second thing you should reconsider in the removal of the door handles. Trust me it really sucks to have to charge a battery so you can open a door. More importantly if you are ever in an accident you want to make darn sure EMS can get to you quickly. Leave the door handles and buy any one of the wicket handles that are out there for the 1st Gen Camaro and when your out with your wife or girlfriend you will still be able to open the door like a gentleman for her.
Love the build , very well said Marty nothing like experience for advice 👍👍👍
Old 10-16-2017, 03:22 PM

More rear end work.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2017, 04:31 PM

Car looks great and who is taking the pics ??

It looks like you have professional shooting for you.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:47 PM

Someone who is serious about their craft Thank you.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-$ View Post
Someone who is serious about their craft Thank you.
Tell me about

Old 10-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

That suspension work is looking awesome! We'll have to come by and take a closer look at this bad boy during SEMA.