Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 10-18-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydratech View Post
Street braking versus road course / track braking are definitely very very different scenarios. Track only / mostly? Fits Greg Welds comments, thoughts, and suggestions. Street use? That's a whole different world. Scrubbing off high speeds - say 150 down to 90 for a turn speaks more of the thermal capacity of the brakes. Street braking from 70 to zero is significantly different arena speaking much more so of instant clamping force available.

Here is a fun video:

Super Chevy Magazine exclaims, "In our history of vehicle testing, we have never had a car stop in this short of a distance!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=CpUy9wcAtJY

http://www.classicperform.com/Projec...rojectNova.htm
pm sent
Old 10-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Thumbs down Damn - now you've hit a real sore spot with me (really pisses me off to no end)

Hi Kevin - man, this is like a "let's not even go there" topic - makes me so damn angry I am trying hard to stay calm and composed writing this post. As some know, and others unfortunately don't, CPP used to be a dealer of our systems years ago. We then discovered that they had started copying our systems - DOH! That discovery immediately led to us to cutting off supply to them, and then removing them as a dealer of our systems. This has actually been discovered as CPP's "Modus Operandi" also affecting MANY others in the aftermarket industry.
CPP even tried to order in one of everything Tobin at Kore3 produces so that they could copy his stuff too! Unreal...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_operandi

*The CPP systems are cheap low end offshore copies.* Here is an e-mail I have circulated to some of our dealers:

BEWARE!!! Scroll all the way down and check out the link. Beware and watch out for the new Chinese crap hydroboost units hitting the market! CPP is using them, and Lord knows who else at this point. Apparently the patent rights must have run out and I’m sure Bosch is having conniption fits over this. We will continue to use genuine Bosch produced units regardless of how much this new flood of Chinese junk undercuts us… I need to find a way to identify the Chinese junk – casting differences or something we can point out to our customers so that they are aware. Tempted to have somebody order one in from CPP and have it shipped over here so that I can examine it – maybe just order one in from Atech / Summit… Check it out thoroughly and then just ship it back – yuck!

http://www.fiverbrakebooster.com/pro...er-Series.html

We have had many many confused customers calling us for tech support on what they thought were systems that we produced, finding in the conversations that they are actually dealing with a CPP "Hydro Stop" POS. The customers are shocked to find out that these are no longer Hydratech produced items, and despite all of this we still generally help them out best we can (despite this ugly scenario). They call complaining of improper assembly, parts not fitting, systems not operating properly. The other calls are how come I was at a car show and the guy parked next to me had a system that looked vastly better than my installed setup. Needless to say, we ask them did the other guys system say "HYDRATECH" on it? And what does your system say on it? They then get pissed off in the knowledge that they were somewhat hoodwinked into thinking that they were getting / have installed a Hydratech system. Some callers have also been really pissed off to find out that their "CPP Show Stopper" is just an unprepared / raw brake assist unit with nothing more than a chromed accumulator slip cover installed on the brake unit, a cheap copy of our billet firewall mounting plate, and one of their MCPV-1 MC's installed. So comparing apples to (rotten) apples, take a look at our three different levels of preparation for the details - you will clearly see that we do incredibly more with any level of preparation of our systems than anybody else in the industry using only genuine Bosch production brake assist units and only genuine high end Aeroquip power steering plumbing - scroll further down this web page to review:

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/products.html

While CPP has copied some of our systems, they have only copied a few of them. We have over 300+ highly specialized systems in our production line up. I can assure you that they do not have coverage for your factory manual brake C3 Vette...

Now off to mix up a Long Island Tea and calm down!

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com

Last edited by Hydratech®; 10-18-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Post Dug this 25 year old thing out from under the plexiglass top layer of my tool box...

www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 10-19-2017, 04:49 AM

Thanks Paul I did not know the history. You have been great advise as all of you on the site, many thanks.

Last edited by vstol; 10-19-2017 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

I wouldn't own CPP ANYTHING..... this is not a "quality" company -- this is a cheap junk company. The stuff is sold purely on "price".
Old 10-19-2017, 03:35 PM

Paul just called to order your Hydratech set up but you had already closed.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I wouldn't own CPP ANYTHING..... this is not a "quality" company -- this is a cheap junk company. The stuff is sold purely on "price".
Ouch I was going to trade my 15/16ths MC for their 1 1/8th.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:57 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Thumbs down Could you even imagine how pissed I was at the 2010 SEMA show...

Could you even imagine how utterly INCREDIBLY pissed I was at the 2010 SEMA show when I saw a brake unit that I built with my own two hands on display in the CPP booth, where CPP had the absolutely incredible gall to remove the Hydratech billet firewall mounting plate and replace it with their CPP plate on this display unit? On *MY* brake unit? That takes some serious bad faith and is one of the nastiest things anybody has ever done to me in the industry:

Then of course Jim Reis stopped taking my calls and responding to my e-mails...

DOWNRIGHT EVIL EXISTS OUT THERE - please, let's not even dare go into the discussion of what ****** Hydraulics did to me a year or so before this... See? hell, it's even a censored word here on Lat-G.

www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 10-20-2017, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydratech View Post
Could you even imagine how utterly INCREDIBLY pissed I was at the 2010 SEMA show when I saw a brake unit that I built with my own two hands on display in the CPP booth, where CPP had the absolutely incredible gall to remove the Hydratech billet firewall mounting plate and replace it with their CPP plate on this display unit? On *MY* brake unit? That takes some serious bad faith and is one of the nastiest things anybody has ever done to me in the industry:

Then of course Jim Reis stopped taking my calls and responding to my e-mails...

DOWNRIGHT EVIL EXISTS OUT THERE - please, let's not even dare go into the discussion of what ****** Hydraulics did to me a year or so before this... See? hell, it's even a censored word here on Lat-G.
I will call you today
Old 10-20-2017, 04:01 PM

Paul I hope to see my Hydratech system soon. Everyone who has commented on this site many thanks. I will let you know how it works out.