Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
Coach1 sells a nice product also. Obviously not as fancy as ISIS claims, but has some trick features. But alot of extra wiring in the system.
Yes, thanks for the tutorial Rodger. I've never heard of Coach-1 until now and I was looking for something with "extra" features.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Yes, thanks for the tutorial Rodger. I've never heard of Coach-1 until now and I was looking for something with "extra" features.
Like I said its kinda redundant but has some nice features. We like the longer harness to mount the panel in the trunk and unclutter the underside of the dash.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:25 PM

Rodger, which system would you recommend? I'm going with a basic American autowire set up myself but I also looked into the racpak system. The racepak system seemed to be more reliable and better support.

And thank you for telling it how it is. I hate when people give praises to a product they never even used.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-it View Post
Rodger, which system would you recommend? I'm going with a basic American autowire set up myself but I also looked into the racpak system. The racepak system seemed to be more reliable and better support.

And thank you for telling it how it is. I hate when people give praises to a product they never even used.

For us we have gone back to just go old reliable systems. American auto wire and such. Coach1 is new product for us. We like it. But we need to see how it works down the road. The racepak is nice if you have the time and budget. I like a car with less computers and stuff to drain the battery. But I also like the new car features. But those new features dont enhance the build if they don't work like a new car.

I'm honestly looking at doing some LS junk yard swaps with all the GM stuff to have the reliability of of the factory stuff. Auto start and such. Its just nearly impossible to put it directing from a NEW Camaro to say a 69 Camaro. I want everything that ISIS thinks they can do, that actually works well. And isn't just some piggy back system that never works really well with everything else. But changing everything from door latches to speed sensors and such becomes a huge task to make it work like a new car. But GM uses something like 9 computers to accomplish everything.

Holley Dominator seems like a great ECU. But tech support is non existent from Holley themselves for difficult things unless you get a cell number for a smart guy that is higher up the food and knowledge chain. Now that Holley owns racepack I wonder if they will do a complete car system. Auto door locks, cruise control, gauges and everything as one big universal package.

I doubt it but a guy can dream.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Holley isn't too bad but far from a complete car package like you said. For engine management it's simple and the forums are the tech basicslly.

I'm looking at wiring and racepak smartwire would be the obvious answer but the software is archaic. I'm considering motec. It the entry level pdm15 is already more than smartwire and the pdm30 is nearly double.

The end of the day, it's hard to compete with the known reliability of a fuse panel and fises and dedicated relays. Cheap to have spares and less likely to leave you 100% stranded.

I'm likely to just use another AAW harness.
2018 GMC Denali HD
Old 01-24-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Holley isn't too bad but far from a complete car package like you said. For engine management it's simple and the forums are the tech basicslly.

I'm looking at wiring and racepak smartwire would be the obvious answer but the software is archaic. I'm considering motec. It the entry level pdm15 is already more than smartwire and the pdm30 is nearly double.

The end of the day, it's hard to compete with the known reliability of a fuse panel and fises and dedicated relays. Cheap to have spares and less likely to leave you 100% stranded.

I'm likely to just use another AAW harness.
Agreed unless the installer or customer want alot of the creature comforts of the new cars. Heck even the features of just a modern pick up truck.