Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: What is your most used platform for Car Discussion?
Forums 79 100.00%
Facebook 3 4.41%
Instagram 6 8.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Rodger are all those photos contained in your normal "photo gallery" of finished and under construction projects ? Because those pages were what I was referring to as being lite on photos -the link you posted I'm not really seeing how I go to your site and see "latest photos" or anything like that. What am I missing ? (or do those photos just end up under a particular project and you just have t keep checking back ? )
It seems pretty clear to me

http://www.ironworksspeedandkustom.c...cat/cat232.htm
Old 11-15-2017, 10:11 AM

I think the professional car builders get put off from forums by all the questions people ask on top of critiquing their work (if it's negative) . Its easier to just show your work on Instagram etc and get " # cool build" with no questions asked and show off your talent.

I love seeing the pro builds but when I see 6 questions that follow the builders posts like Mark Stielow , Ironworks etc I just shake my head. Those are car builders and car guys but to be overwhelmed with questions every time they get on the forums would be enough for me to stop posting on the forums to.

When I like something they do I try to do as much research as possible before bothering people.

There's a lot of shops that use to post on here that I haven't seen in awhile like JCG and Ironworks etc. Their build updates where always exciting to see and easy to follow and subscribe to on this forum.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post
We are looking for some input from the group here. I follow quite a few groups on Facebook. Many are commenting that they don't use the forums that much anymore and prefer the ease of using FB or IG.

I know some of you are hardcore PT.com guys but in general, do you see yourself shifting more and more to Social Media? Also, do you think it depends on your age? Are you not that into Social Media and feel more at home here on the forum?

Thanks for your input,
MCB
Well Matt;

I PM'd you and we had a good conversation on the truck forums, since then I can tell you that my forum experience has been much better on lateral-g and 67-72chevytrucks for sales than I have experienced from what I now call the "big guys" it seems like when big companies buy out the forums the engagement of users seriously decreases at least on the vendor side. I currently am a sponsor on hotrodders and yellow bullet both owned by a big company but as for vendors on there it's me and a very small selection of companies that never post. It seems to have pushed the users away.

When you compare the cost benefit to facebook it's a huge difference. Facebook groups have zero cost (for now) and have delivered a ton more customers then I see from the Big Guys forums. I think I have learned as a small business with a really small product selection stick with the little guy forums lateral-g being one and the truck forum being the other.

While I am here. Lateral-g thanks for the support so far.

Justin
Old 12-05-2017, 11:47 PM

what i don't like about forums is people always say "use the search function",
there are so many un pertinent threads to read thru so if u have an answer or a link please post and make it easy for others. a friendly forum is a forum that people will participate in...
Old 12-08-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvawgn View Post
what i don't like about forums is people always say "use the search function",
there are so many un pertinent threads to read thru so if u have an answer or a link please post and make it easy for others. a friendly forum is a forum that people will participate in...
I find it the same in facebook groups, instead of people saying search they say 'read the pinned post"
Old 12-08-2017, 07:42 PM

I use the forums. I don't use instagram at all and facebook a little. But I'm old and don't get the draw of facebook.

I'm old, gray hair, balding, and retired, and I'm still wrenching on cars. I thought wisdom came with old age.

70 Camaro, 406 sb, 6spd, 4:10 gear, BMR Suspension
Old 12-08-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michics View Post
I use the forums. I don't use instagram at all and facebook a little. But I'm old and don't get the draw of facebook.
I started using Instagram just from a business perspective, I keep trying to go on my PC. Apparently you can't post pictures from your PC only on your phone. Stupid technology.

I should elaborate here - I took computer engineering and can code and do all kinds of stuff but still find Instagram complicated... And Snap Chat - I can't figure that one out...... I'm only 31 what the heck is going on.

Last edited by hotrodfuelhose; 12-08-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added clarification