Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 07-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Congrats, Lance! Good luck with the move and the new life in Phoenix

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 07-25-2017, 08:09 PM

Congrats on the sale.

Some are savvy and have the time to sell there own place, but many also leave money and liability on the table. When the deal doesn't go quite right and they butt heads, the deal falls apart. After 17 years of real estate, I can tell you that my main two jobs are to manage emotions and problem solve. That's what I get paid to do, close deals. Some see the value, some don't, and that's fine.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post

It was sweet! My wife and I were pinching ourselves after the handshake deal...in disbelief that we got EVERYTHING we wanted... I'll contact you regarding moving truck unloading day once I have a firm date.
No problem, happy to help. Moving sucks, but it sucks less when you have help.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornHusker4Life View Post
Congrats on the sale Lance. Thanks again to you are your buddy for helping me inspect my 55 before I bought it.

Jarrod
Thanks! Hope the 55 worked out well for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
Really interesting stories. Thanks for sharing!!
No problem...just hoping to help others out if the situation allows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
Congrats, Lance! Good luck with the move and the new life in Phoenix
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Congrats on the sale.

Some are savvy and have the time to sell there own place, but many also leave money and liability on the table. When the deal doesn't go quite right and they butt heads, the deal falls apart. After 17 years of real estate, I can tell you that my main two jobs are to manage emotions and problem solve. That's what I get paid to do, close deals. Some see the value, some don't, and that's fine.

Thanks!! Our situation was unique...for sure. With the type of property we were selling, a face to face with the potential buyer was instrumental in the process which would not happen with a Realtor or two involved. A standard house in a subdivision with 15 other like kind houses all around is a completely different situation.

We spent 3 and a half hours talking back and forth with the buyers before an offer was ever mentioned. Once I figured out that they were really serious, I was completely open with them and detailed everything little about the house, outbuilding, and property to them... Things like where the utilities were buried, where the geothermal loop lines were, how the outbuilding was constructed, how the septic system functioned, what had been replaced and when, and special features like the 50 amp electrical service hidden under the bedroom deck in case they wanted to put a hot tub back there. I'm certain that this conversation was critical to making the sale...along with my assertion that I'll continue to treat this property as if it was my own once I rent it back from them. A listing or buyers agent just could not have known or been able to give this same kind of information to any potential buyer.

Our main concern about selling the place was getting an appraisal that would back up the selling price. There were zero really comparable sales within 15 miles even close to matching this property, I know because I have been watching for them for years now in preparation for this. During prior appraisals I've had done for refinance loans, I'm aware of the inability of said appraiser to value the property properly. I'm certain that a buyer trying to get a loan on this with 5 or 10% down would have failed miserably. Thankfully we found a buyer that not only realized the value of our improvements but also had the ability to pay for them without relying on financing to get it done.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:55 AM

That's' a prime example of where an expert in the area can influence the appraiser. I've done it more times than I can count with unique properties. They will take direction if they are unsure of themselves. Like most humans, they will take the easy way out too. If you provide the info, they will use it. Does it work every time, of course not. But I've found it works more times than not.

I saw the photos and that was a fantastic property and I'm sure the new owner appreciated all the details you provided.

I deal with Realtors every day so I can understand why some have very little respect for the profession. Like every profession, there are the best and the rest.

Good luck down in the Sun.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:21 AM

Congratulation slats on the new buy. You sold a beautiful home and shop. Good luck with the move .

Old 07-26-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I saw the photos and that was a fantastic property and I'm sure the new owner appreciated all the details you provided.

I deal with Realtors every day so I can understand why some have very little respect for the profession. Like every profession, there are the best and the rest.

Good luck down in the Sun.
Thanks...we've poured our hearts and souls into this place for 17 years. Here's some pics of what it looked like not long after we bought it.

The Realtor profession is crazy...I've been involved in over 50 transactions the last 15 years or so and I've seen some of the stupidest laziest "professionals" cashing checks they have no reason to be getting. I've also seen some very smart hardworking folks kicking arse doing the same. I've taken to just flat out holding the hands of every transaction I'm involved in just to make sure the Is get dotted and the Ts crossed.

And don't even get me started on Title companies. Our buyer funded escrow last Thursday, I was emailed by the title company on Friday saying they would record and disburse that day. Monday at noon after 2 emails went unanswered I finally got the owner of the title company on the phone who said she'd get the wire out right away. I verified that she'd send the wire to the mortgage company as well. Tuesday at 1 pm I finally received verification that they finally sent the wire to the mortgage company.

On every closing I've been involved with on a Friday, the title company has ALWAYS held the funds over the weekend...it's like it's in their handbook or something. I forgot this when I scheduled the closing...must have been the euphoria of selling the home that clouded my memory.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:49 PM

Congratulations Lance. I may have missed it before, what is the reason for relocation?

Saw pics of the new place in the lift thread (?). Its gonna be a good next chapter, i beleive its a good move. I'd be looking at AZ (have some friends there) if i didn't have three kids close to us in nor-cal...

Wait on the brakes as Baer is there in Phoenix. I went with there 6p up front, basic 12" in back and the Baer remaster and so far so stoppy. I'm looking forward to getting it back on the track after it gets outa paint (jail) as i went non-power. Its ok on the streets, but it'll be great on the track and auto-x

Good luck with your move, cheers, mike