Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 12-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3torque View Post
On a car that has enough room for long tubes why wouldn't you run long tubes? I know the LS1 2 and 3s have good torque out of the box but why leave torque on the table?

Tom
They published some dyno results, interesting numbers on the LS7:

http://www.ultimateheaders.com/dyno.shtml
GMachineChassis.com
LSxEngines.com
Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Old 12-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I have these headers mocked up in my 67 Camaro. I also have the original manual clutch bell crank that came stock with the SS 350. The only problem is that I don't know where the bellcrank would attach to the LS block. If you supply that (some dimensions would be great) then I can mock up the bellcrank and get a photo for you in the next few days. Here is a photo to let you know if it would be similar enough to make a decision.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:36 PM

Default Ultimate Hedders

What motor mounts are recommended for the first gen using the Ultimate hedders? I paln on running a low mount a/c on my LS3. There's no recommendations on their web site.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowProgress View Post
I have these headers mocked up in my 67 Camaro. I also have the original manual clutch bell crank that came stock with the SS 350. The only problem is that I don't know where the bellcrank would attach to the LS block. If you supply that (some dimensions would be great) then I can mock up the bellcrank and get a photo for you in the next few days. Here is a photo to let you know if it would be similar enough to make a decision.

Thanks for the offer. However I talked to Jim at Ultimate Headers today and he had one of his techs with him. They said that their headers will not work with a mechanical clutch as the collector runs right near where the z bar would attach to the block.

FYI, if you want to run a mechanical clutch with an LS you have to drill and tap into the block to accept the z bar ball stud. So I guess if I choose Ultimates I have to run a hydraulic clutch. Decisions, decisions.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Jim is really helpful. You know I had a mechanical clutch for all those years and now I am looking forward to running a hydraulic setup. The initial cost is going to be high, but I am looking forward to easy pedal pressure, cleaner install and the more modern designed parts. Funny the grass is always greener I guess. Good luck with your decision !!
Old 12-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowProgress View Post
Jim is really helpful. You know I had a mechanical clutch for all those years and now I am looking forward to running a hydraulic setup. The initial cost is going to be high, but I am looking forward to easy pedal pressure, cleaner install and the more modern designed parts. Funny the grass is always greener I guess. Good luck with your decision !!
If you're running a T56, cost is pretty cheap on an OE style slave/TOB ($120 or so).. and a master cylinder kit isn't that much either, around $300-400.
The TKO is a little different story though.

-Dale
GMachineChassis.com
LSxEngines.com
Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Old 12-16-2014, 09:10 PM

Yeah Dale, I've been pricing around for the TKO and it's gonna cost around $700.00, give or take a little. This hobby sure is expensive.

I'm looking to do an external slave rather than a hydro TOB. Novak Conversions has a ES for $208. I may be installing that with a McLeod hydro kit for the same price. I just hate the fact that if I get a leak I have to pull the tranny.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:27 AM

Bump. Would like some real experience feed back