Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 12-18-2017, 11:01 AM

Default LSX 454 with Harrop Hurricane Intake...ECU questions

Good morning, I've sourced a Harrop Hurricane drive by wire ITB intake to fit on my LSX 454 with LS3 heads. Currently the motor is carbed, with an MSD 6LS controller.

I'd like to get suggestions for ECU's and tuning on this Harrop setup to make things play nice. I'm leaning towards a new engine control kit from PSI with an E38 GM ECM, and C6 DBW pedal. The transmission is a T-56.

I also plan on running a VaporWorx EFI fuel pump setup.

Also, does anyone know a tuner in the Mid Atlantic/East Coast or Midwest who would be familiar with tuning a Harrop Hurricane? I'm located in southwest PA. I assume this will need to be a speed density tune as I haven't figured out a good way to incorporate a MAF.

I have EFIlive, but I'd have this tuned by a professional. I'm also open to aftermarket ECM's if the benefits are warranted.

The car is a 69 Camaro RS with the typical Pro-Touring goods: 4 link, 9" rear, 335's in rear, C5 brakes,etc.

Thank you!
Old 12-18-2017, 10:26 PM

Give Detroit Speed a call, their 5th gen test car runs a mast motorsports LS3 with the harrop intake. I was looking at it a few weeks ago, they said it sure was hard to tune, but they got it right in the end.

Other than that, checkout the Australian holden forums. They may recommend a Haltech ECU